Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Bouncing Balls - Classroom Management

Oh Teachers! I have found one of the most fun ways to help with classroom management, and it involves technology! My Teacher-friend, Mrs. Murray, shared this with me once and now I use it all the time.

Growing up, did you ever have an adult say to you "Your volume is at a 9, and I'm going to need you at a 3." Wow, even typing that I can hear the voice of my 6th Grade Reading Teacher and I see her hands giving marks in the air where a 9 would be and where we should have been at a 3.


Enter Bouncy Balls.org and big smiles.


The whole premise of Bouncy Balls is that the balls hang out on the bottom of the screen when it's quiet. The balls start bouncing more/higher the louder the classroom becomes. You have to be sure to make sure your microphone is turned on though...or else the balls will stay on the bottom of the screen and you'll (most likely) get laughed at. I placed the arrow on the pic below to let you know where it is, but it's not on the screen to give you the reminder.


They even have different themes you can choose from. Side note: the bubbles one is opposite and has them at the top of the screen and the eye ball one creeps me out.


Students enjoy when I put this on the board and it's common to hear something like "You're loud, Mrs. Holloway's balls are going crazy." And...well...that gets some giggles. :) 

I've also been known to use this on an iPad when in groups. Each group gets an iPad in the center of their table with the screen on to show them how loud they are getting. It's fun...and helpful!

Bouncy Balls are super fun for my students! Do you use anything similar? Or can you think of times in your classroom that you would enjoy using it?

No comments:

Post a Comment